Sunday, August 1, 2010

Online Dating is Challenging

I've decided to start blogging again because I've had a lot of adventures in cyberspace over the last several months. 
Where to start?  I've been looking for love/something/adventure/sex (?)  online since November of 2009.  My first relationship was with 'guitar man' if you all recall.  We dated for 2 months during whcich time he had  deep dark secret which he finally shared. Then,  he told me he didn't want to fall in love or have a relationship.  He broke my heart but I got through it. 
I don't want this to be a depressing blog because I look at all of this with a sense of adventure.  I've become addicted to checking my current site every day because I get a lot of attention on it.
The characters I've met since starting this adventure called dating:

the guy who lived in Hemet (otherwise known as redneck land) with his Mom, in a trailer, and was unemployed.  He was a friend/lover from my early twenties and I was lonely so it was fun.  It turned out he was an alcoholic so I told him I couldn't continue.

There was Lee who I met on Eharmony:  Took me to really cool places but was really boring and had bad teeth.  On our last 2nd date,  we still hadn't kissed so i called him and said 'I want to kiss you, where are you/'  and he said he was already at the freeway entrance and declined to turn around for a kiss!
I got a lot of support with these situations from friends who have helped me learn to trust my instincts.

No comments:

Post a Comment